Monday, February 14, 2011

'Mum's the Word

I so enjoyed using the chrysanthemum stamp from the K&Company Amy Butler Lotus Floral set that I couldn't get it out of my head! So I found myself using it again for this week's iCopic and Mojo Monday challenges, a coupla of my favs. As I too-often do, I rotated the sketch 90°, which changes the energy of this sketch, but works. There are many gorgeous, creative examples from the Mojo DT.

How could I resist this delicious challenge at iCopic (image on right)?! Unlike most of the color challenges I participate in, this is a coloring challenge, so the color choices are usually simple instead of name-brand colors, making it a little easier to follow creatively. A little. Again, be sure to check out the DT projects for some beautiful inspiration.

I just got my hands on the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Seasonal Paper Stash, and because I wanted to use the aged-pink piece, I got the pink-and-brown letter block image side as well, which brought this card together. The photo doesn't show it, but the white frame and circle is pre-embossed, vine-themed paper. For the un-colored flower, I blended some olive-green with sienna-brown right onto the stamp. And to make this card extra-special, and to send some good blessings to the receiver, I added a real Tiger's Eye stone bead.

Inspiration:
Sketch: Mojo Monday #178
Color: iCopic Color Challenge #17

Supplies: Tim Holtz Idea-ology Seasonal Paper Stash, X-Press Copic cardstock, Fiskars papercutter, ProvoCraft zig-zag scissors, ZipDry glue, Martha Stewart and Versamark liquid chalks, Memento ink, sentiment stamp by gstudio, K&Company Amy Butler Lotus Floral silicon stamp, Cricut & SCAL, CelebrateIt! ribbon, Tiger's Eye bead
Copic Ciao markers: RV23, RV04, RV21, R42, E17, G21, G99

1 comment:

  1. Christina, you put my card-making skills to shame! These are all so great! And giving me lots of great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.