Sunday, April 24, 2011

Slightly cracked and a little blue

I haven't participated in Dutch Dare Challenges recently, but I couldn't pass up the current one: Use the Cracked Glass technique. You know how I love a new technique...and heating four layers of embossing powder is my idea of a good time! It was really really fun.

The color inspiration is from the iCopic Monochromatic Challenge, but I'm not entering it into the challenge because I didn't really color with copics. I did, however, use copics for all the coloring. Boy are those great markers! I stamped the images in Baja Breeze Memento ink (both from Stampendous) on letterpress paper, then used BG10 liquid for the background and B00, B000, B32 & BG15 for details.

I made the card and frames in SCAL, did a little light distressing with sandpaper (after the paper was cut but was still on the mat), and voilĂ .


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this crakle technique but I never try, your cards looks very unique, just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have found you....Really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I love the images too and the way you used the cracked glass technique. Thanks for joining us this week at Dutch Dare Card Challenge.
    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully beautiful card! You're very brave to take on the cracked glass project this week :-) Thanks so much for playing with us this week at DDCC!
    Hugs,
    Dorcas
    Ps) If you haven’t already done so, you ought to check out my “no strings attached” blog candy going on til May 13th. You can find it in my sidebar. Hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.