Thursday, May 19, 2011

Florida Memories Layout

Although I never thought I'd get into the "Tim Holtz look", I'm having so much fun with the challenges and the crafters at Stampin' Dymonz Creative Space that I find myself really getting into it!

The first of her weekly challenges is a 12x12 layout with a travel theme, handmade background and title tag, 3 Tim-Holtz-style embellishments, fiber, and one large photo. I worked on it all week!

My layout is about our trip to Florida last year, and the walk I took with my husband down through Venice. This photo is of me goofing around on the big gorgeous trees on the boardwalk. I matted it on a frayed piece of material, but wanted to give it an "aged" look, so I folded it up a bit and then sprayed it with Antique Linen distress ink (got the idea from this great post at iCopic). For the background, I started by clear-embossing a plane stamp from my stash. Then I distressed the whole thing in Antique Linen and Mustard, and stamped some more planes in those colors. For a final touch, I used my Stampin' Around wheel that I won from my very first Stampin' Dymonz blog candy! I used Faded Jeans and Peeled Paint (blue and green).

I used the template I created for my Dimensional Tag to make a shaker on one side of the tag. I stuck some shells and shark teeth in there (Venice is the "shark tooth capital of the world").

I didn't have any ephemera, so I grabbed a classic postcard from the internet, printed and distressed it.

I stamped the shells onto the "bottlecap" pieces with StazOn and then colored them with Copics (after drying them).


Inspiration:
Stampin' Dymonz Creative Space Challenge #1: Scrapbook Layout, Tim Holtz Style

Supplies: Stampin' Around Wheel by Stampin' Up!, Shell stamps by Hero Arts, Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Recollections cardstock, Fiskars papercutter and tear edger, Crop-O-Dile II, pop-dots, metal embellishments from Li'l Davis Designs

7 comments:

  1. Cool layout...love your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful layout with those fab bottle caps! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Space for this week's challenge. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper looks great, the shaker tag is a fab idea. The entire layout fits the "I'm having a great time" piccy. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Dymonz Creative Space this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool page!! Love the airplane stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas...Fabulous LO....TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your goofy picture... and the handmade background and tag are amazing.

    Thanks for visiting and leaving me kind words.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought that was you in that tree! Umph umph umph... LOL! Great layout - TFS!!! Thanks for your continued participation in the Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Shack's challenges! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.