Friday, September 2, 2011

Let it snow glitter!

When I purchased my Tim Holtz paper distresser, I noticed that the packaging sorta looked like a snowman...miracle of miracles, it fit perfectly over my build-a-snowman stamp set! I colored the stamp with Copics, filled the plastic with glitter, and glued it atop the stamped piece. The "Let It Snow!" sentiment is from the same stamp set, but I used shrink plastic to make the little charm. I used my Crop-O-Dile to punch a hole in the snowflake brads so that I could add a rhinestone brad in the middles. The background paper is by Tim Holtz, so I distressed the pieces with said paper distresser and Antique Linen distress ink. I also inked the striped ribbon for a slightly more "vintage" look.


Inspiration:
ABC Christmas Challenge: R is for Recycling & ribbons or rhinestones
Christmas Challenge + Sketch #8: must use stamp


9 comments:

  1. Great use of Tim Holtz items. You ought to send it to the Tim Holz blog site for him to see.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made a pretty card, thanks for joining us at ccws, can you please take of the sketch from your blog, otherwise you can take part at the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card :-) love the snowman and the recycling is fab !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love your card!! Thank you for joining us at Christmas Challenges {with sketches}
    Hugs, Renata.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant recycled Christmas card, great idea.
    Thank you for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time.
    Hope to see you next time.
    Hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now that is fun! and what a clever recycling idea for your snowman! LOVE IT! thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge this time! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card - love your plastic 'snowman'! lol
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful little shaker card. Great recycling.
    Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Carissa :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.