Thursday, September 15, 2011

Picket-fence Criss-Cross Birthday card

I've been making tons of Christmas cards recently, and probably have many more than I need, so I'm trying to make more Birthday cards. I was really intrigued by the "Criss-Cross Card" Challenge at Birthday Sundaes. I've never made one, but I love all the DT samples and just had to give it a try. It was fun! Instead of included a pull tab for the enclosed card, I secured it with a small clothespin that I colored & stamped.

This card was also largely inspired by this week's Cupcake Inspirations photo. Now, if you look at their photo and then at this card, you might think Really? but it really was. Originally I was going to incorporate bright-colored flowers, but found myself focusing more on the grassy elements. I occurred to me to add a flower onto the the front, but I really liked the clean simplicity of how it is. It's difficult to see in these photos, but the white is a linen-patterned cardstock.

I'm also entering this card into the Birthday theme at the Crazy Challenge.

Inspiration:
Birthday Sundaes #26: Criss-Cross Card
The Crazy Challenge #84: Birthdays
Cupcake Inspirations #127: Photo Inspiration

Stamps: Raisin Boat, Stampendous
Paper: DCWV, Recolections, stash
Tools: Martha Stewart punches & scissors, Fiskars papercutter, Cricut & SCAL, stamp block
Other: ZipDry glue, Recollections embossing powder, Versamark inks, Copic (for edging), stash wooden clip

Update: This card was a chosen for the "Super Sundaes" for this challenge. Thank you!

7 comments:

  1. This is really cute! I like the fence and how neat that you stamped on the little clothespin. What a neat touch that is :) Thank you for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute idea! Just love it!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cheerful card, the colors make me smile.
    thanks for playing with us at CIC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it........great idea adding the fence and that stamped clothes peg is perfect.
    Thanks 4 joining us at Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nicely you have arranged the fence on the criss cross fab idea
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a cute snowmann! Love the suprise when you open it.

    Thank you for joining CCWS.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.