Monday, October 17, 2011

Celebrating Autumn

I was introduced to Shadowbox cards by the Stampin' Dymonz Scrap Shack Cardmaking Group, and this is my second attempt (here's my first). I thought it would be a great way to combine this wonderful Fall Fence image by Shelly's Images with the whimsical Fall by Karen's Doodles.

Also also used a couple of leaf freebies from Shelly's Images, which I imported into SCAL (my cutting software). I "printed" them on my Cricut Expression using a brown Cricut marker, then used it with the blade to cut them out (I created a "shadow" layer in SCAL).

Here it is folded closed, and here it is pulled open:
You can see that the fence moves to the right. There's also a braided hemp rope going over the right fold. I also ran my embossing tool over the "veins" on the leaves. Dr Sonia and others have really been inspiring me to try that, and it does look good!

Here's the back, with this sweet First Day of Fall image from TLC Creations:
Inspiration:
Delightful Challenges: Colors of Fall

Shadowbox Card tutorial: Splitcoast Stampers

Digi stamps: Maple Leaf, Oak Leaf & Fall Fence by Shelly's Images (thank you!), Fall by Karen's Doodles, sentiment & image on back by TLC Creations (thank you!)
Paper: Recollections, stash, Hammermill
Tools: Cricut, SCAL, Cricut markers, Fiskars papercutter, finger knife & deckle scissors, HP printer & ink, InDesign
Other: Copic markers, Sakura gel pens, hemp twine

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely creation dear.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! just love it hun!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.