Tuesday, October 11, 2011

String art, via Let's Create

I've been following Helen's wonderful range of crafting projects at Let's Create for some time now, and I couldn't resist buying a few of her string art templates. (She has wonderful embellishments & crafts available on Etsy.) Helen definitely inspired me to try string art; it's not usually my kind of thing, but she does such beautiful things with it that I had to try it myself! I love the result, but it certainly takes time. A good project to work on while watching a movie!

I've only tried two of the templates: for my mom's birthday card and for a "commissioned" card for a friend of mom's after she saw her birthday card! I forgot to take a photo of the latter before sending it off to Mom, but here's her card:

The sun and "shine" sentiment are from Verve Stamps, and I won them at Mojo Monday (Thank you, I love them!). The birthday sentiment is a shrinky dink. Mom really seemed to like the card, and that was the goal!

2 comments:

  1. Hi cg,

    I absolutely love the way you used the string art. The background stamp really matched the stitching. Your card is stunning. The color is so rich! Thanks for your kind words and the link to my shop and blog.

    Yes, string art need sometime to practice but once you get the hang of it, it pretty fast to make. Try to make one design at a time and use the floss as long as you can pull. Run the floss through candle so the floss won't tangle. Looking forward to see more of your string art creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, saw this wonderful and eyecatching card on my dashboard and could not resist coming and looking. It is simply fabulous to say the least. So happy that you are a follower of Helen's - she is an amazing crafter with a heart of gold.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.