Monday, February 20, 2012

Silky Puppy Love

Since I spend the majority of my days with our two sweet dogs, I always feel almost obligated to enter dog-themed challenges! There are at least two such challenges out there this week: Can You Digi It? Challenge #3 and Crafty Ribbons Challenge #13.

I don't have either of those company's images / ribbons (yet!), so I "made due" with a Mo Manning polymer stamp I acquired from Stamp and Create and a homemade silk, paw-print ribbon. Oh, and a bunch of other stuff!


I used the Faux Silk technique for the circles (see tutorial). I colored the image after adhering the tissue paper to the cardstock and cutting out the shapes with Spellbinders dies in my Big Shot. To be honest, I really expected my Copics to bleed quite a bit on the tissue paper, but they actually blended beautifully.

For this card, I used my new Tea Dye distress ink pad; love this color. The base cardstock is a two-toned Core'dinations piece which I embossed with one of the embossing folders from a Tim Holtz set I just bought (Gift Cards + 50%-off coupons + Tim Holtz = One Happy CG). I sanded it and added some design with a background stamp from a Prickly Pear set. The sentiment on the inside is from the same set. The sentiment on the front is from a Hero Arts set; I heat-embossed both in Zing! copper.

I used the Fork technique to make the bow, a must for one-sided ribbon!

You know I couldn't resist the Joy Fold Challenge at Mark's Finest Papers:

The back, message portion:


Inspiration/Challenges:
Crafty Ribbons Challenge #13: Paws for Thought
Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge #122: "My Sentiments Exactly"

Faux Silk technique tutorial: Annabelle Stamps blog 



I just want to take the opportunity to thank Crafty Ribbons for their early-Sunday-morning contest! The first 14 emailers are receiving some of their new Baby ribbons and then get to make two projects! I'm so excited to be one of them! The the contest was posted around 10:30AM UK time, and I've never been so happy to be up at 5:30AM on a Sunday!

And since I'm sharing good news, a very special thank-you to Christi for offering her great blog candy, which is on its way to me thanks to her husband Mickey who picked my name out of his proverbial hat!

Here's my thank-you to you all: one of my favorite photos of my Allen & Walt:


Thanks for visiting, and have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. Nice technique. THanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card. I love the different take on the joy fold card. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and wonderful texture! Interesting fold, too! Glad you joined us in M's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried this technique... I had completely forgotten about it. THANKS for the inspiration to try something new with your adorable rendition of puppy love! Thanks for playing with CYDI? this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful card. The different details and folds are fabulous. The textures are are awesome. The image is so cute. I am a dog person too. I love my dog very much he is one of the family. Thanks for joining us this time at CCCC, and hope you will stop by next time.
    Hugz,
    Christine DT at CCCC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! How interesting! And it looks like quite a process too! I'm so glad you could join our challenge this week at Mo's! :)
    HUgs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh lovely card, thanks for sharing with CRAFTY RIBBONS, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrates on your win dear. I bookmarked your card's technique. comes out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done such an excellent job on this card! Thank you for joining us at CYDI?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card i love the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons for our Paws For Thought challenge.Have a lovely weekend. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the faux silk technique and your card is fabulous! Great shape, cool surprises, adorable puppy, and super technique - it is a winner all the way around! Thanks for sharing your puppy pictures as well - cute, cute, cute! Thanks for playing in the CYDI? challenge - love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is simply amazing! I LOVE the technique you've used and your whole card is wonderful! Love the photo of your babies too! Thanks so much for playing along with CYDI?!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a message. I truly appreciate it, and I will enjoy hopping over to your blog as well.